20g Long Build

goatnad

Aug 24, 2018
mississippi
Hello everyone. New to the site and this will be my first tank journal on here. Here I have a 20 gallon long tank i setup a few months ago. It has been growing wonderfully.

Fish:
1 betta fish
celestial pearl danios( these will come in the future when my lfs can manage to get them in)

plants:
anubias nana petite
rotala rotundifolia
myrio tuberculatum
staurogyne repens
ammannia gracilis
cryptocoryne undulata

light:
finnex planted+ 24/7

substrate:
organic potting soil
black diamond sand blasting material

co2:
DIY co2 system

pJn48R2.jpg

6bc8oCG.jpg

CTxZkYJ.jpg

26AXalJ.jpg

goatnad

Aug 24, 2018
mississippi
thank you to everyone for the likes and comments on the tank. small update here. i removed my betta from this tank and put in 12 von rio flame tetras. i did notice one of the fish has a crooked spine. i didnt notice if he was that way when i got him since there were so many fish swimming around the tank. you can see the bent spine on the last picture

lRrEG49.jpg

xc8McDC.jpg

daQdVxq.jpg

Reactions: burr740 and rajkm

rajkm

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Sep 16, 2015
Hillsboro, OR
Check from the top, if the spine is bent, it’s not gonna recover. Also look at its appetite.. if it’s eating or not.

goatnad

Aug 24, 2018
mississippi
OK I'll check that tomorrow. Ty for the help. The fish is swimming fine and has gained the red of the others but I haven't watched to see if its eating.

goatnad

Aug 24, 2018
mississippi
Looking from the top he does have a slight bend in his tail. I did see him eat though and he is still swimming and schooling like normal. He looks a bit fatter then the others so could he possibly have internal parasites causing the bent spine? Is that a thing?

rajkm

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Sep 16, 2015
Hillsboro, OR
Looking from the top he does have a slight bend in his tail. I did see him eat though and he is still swimming and schooling like normal. He looks a bit fatter then the others so could he possibly have internal parasites causing the bent spine? Is that a thing?
Not sure. Many tetras have that issue. Not sure if it’s parasite or something else.
It’s called tetra disease.

goatnad

Aug 24, 2018
mississippi
ah ok. that does look like what the fish has. i have since removed and euthanized the fish. i still have 11 more that all seem to be doing well.