2010 AGA Convention in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi all,

Here is the AGA link to this year's convention.

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/convention.html

I just registered myself as I live only 45 minutes away.. I actually lived and worked in Lauderdale for years...

Please advise if anyone here is going as I would love to say 'Hello' and put some faces/voices/real names to the folks I 'know' here.

Ft Lauderdale has a decent nightlife as well if anyone thinks the hotel is not enough fun :) Not far away either. Plus South Beach is only 30 minutes further south lol

Weather will most likely be very nice. Jeans should do it...I wear shorts pretty much year round....Maybe a light jacket in case it cools off at night....

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Jimmy Buffet wear!

I'm going.

Regards,
Tom Barr

C

CL_

I want to go so bad. The more people I hear are going, the more I am willing to pay for the trip down.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Meeting folks, hearing the speakers, the competitions, and the auction are at the top of my list.....

Nov in FL is nice no matter WHAT you are doing pretty much:)

I encourage you to go if at all possible...the lineup of talent looks good.

Tom, no lecture time for you? Maybe to stress the importance of c02 :)

Would actually like to hear you present.. maybe we all should show up for a reading of your dissertation? at your house of course lol

C

CL_

I'm going..
if I don't have any tests on the 11th or 12th. Who knows when I know if I will or won't. Might be too late to register by the time I find out.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Question:

Will everyone here be wearing a name tag with their Barr Report names?

If not, how would I know folks? Will we have to publish an excel spreadsheet so we have a cross reference of web to real names :)

I guess I will just have to introduce myself to EVERYONE and ask if they are on the Barr report....lol

I am kinda curious though how that would work.. Some surnames I know from PM and various communications, but still...no faces to go with those names..

Maybe all the Barr folks can meet in the hotel lobby at some specific time to do a quick 'meet and greet'? Cocktails at midnight?

Later,

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Gerryd;52824 said:
Meeting folks, hearing the speakers, the competitions, and the auction are at the top of my list.....

Nov in FL is nice no matter WHAT you are doing pretty much:)

I encourage you to go if at all possible...the lineup of talent looks good.

Tom, no lecture time for you? Maybe to stress the importance of c02 :)

Would actually like to hear you present.. maybe we all should show up for a reading of your dissertation? at your house of course lol

I already did some damage years ago, time for new folks to do it, or show pretty pictures.
I'm going to meet with friends, not really for the meeting per se.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Gerryd;52925 said:
You won't be the only one lol

That is also on my to-get list.......

Said the guy interested in bladder wort, duckweed and Riccia:)
Same thing as Ech azurea. Too fast growing weed.

Regards,
Tom Barr

anda

Junior Poster
Jul 17, 2010
Montreal
I'm thinking about going. I will be flying back from New-Orleans, might as well stop by.

BUT, I know nobody and nobody knows me on this forum :| (I'm waiting for someone to convince me it might be fun anyways ;))

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I'll be coming in On Weds/Thurs most likely.

If you can come, you'd better decide soon, the Hotel registration is almost up!!!

Tom Barr

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi All,

I believe that today, Friday October 22nd, is the last day to sign up and get the good hotel rates. If you are planning on going and want to save some money today is the hotel deadline, so please book your room if you're going!

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I have to be in a class and have some test etc, so I'm not going to be there this year. I typically have a flex enough schedule but given the risk and complexity, I'm unable to work it out.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Wet

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
USA
My flight lands at 10-something pm Thursday. Will cruise by the Hospitality Suite after checking in to see if any plant nerds are still around. Are all you folks making it to FAN and the Tissue Culture workshop Friday? If not, let's make sure to run into each other some other time, TBR'ers! -- asked Cheryl to stick this forum (and APC, AGA) on my name tag to help.