$200 or less...LED light suggestions for 24" tank w/CO2

Nubster12

Nov 29, 2017
WV
I'm looking for some suggestions for a light that will do well to provide medium to high light for my upcoming tank which is 24" x 18" x 18". I plan to use pressurized CO2 in this tank. Plants won't likely be anything too difficult to keep...and I know a lot are actually low light plants but since they are plants I like...they will be in the tank. Various cryts, Java fern, java moss unless I replace that will something different which is likely, s.repens, AR mini...probably a couple others yet to be determined.

I really like the look of the pendant style lights, but I'm ok with a strip. I'm just looking for something that isn't junk, is dimmable, and gives the proper colors for the best growth.

hn5624

Aug 4, 2017
North carolina, USA
Sorry I'm not too familiar with tank dimensions, i'm just going to assume its a 33.8 gallon tank thats 24 inches long, 18 inches wide, 18 tall.

My default light recommendation will be two of these. Exactly $200
https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Dim...12538515&sr=1-13&keywords=aquarium+reef+light

This is a saltwater full spectrum 165 watt light (Don't worry about power consumption, they arent actually 165 watts) Saltwater community uses these commonly, if it can grow corals, it can grow plants no problem. I've also used these myself, and they do pack a punch.

You can mix match the two light channels to get the desired light color (warm,white,blueish) and you can fine tune the intensity for all your needs.

I recommend this light because you won't have to buy new lights if you choose to upgrade, and can dim or bright as fk.

These also don't have any gimmicky features such as "lightning storm mode" that you'll never use but still pay for. These are literally straight out of china with the most bang for your buck.