This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

180 Gallon rimless tank, ~ 9 years, now taken down

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Tom Barr, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    4:31 AM
    Note to self, sucking out all the old ADA AS is a Pain, then I realized that the compressed clay comes out nicely in bricks if you peel off the bottom.

Still, 180 gallon water changes x 4-5 and it's still pretty cloudy, should be okay in a day or two and another water change, not much dust or soil left.

The wood is all chewed and eaten up. Still nice etc, but fair from the days of old.

Selling the tank, filter(36x14x16), prefilter, stand.

I have a 220 replacement ADA like stand that matches my other tanks. I'll eventually get a new rimless starfire like my other tanks, 72x30x24

It will be a hard scaped terraced Dutch scape.

2. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    10:31 PM
    Pics or it didnt happen! :)

This tank has to be one of the most impressive things to ever hit the hobby. Following the journals on various forums have been so very helpful to me and Im sure thousands and thousands of other hobbyists, not to mention inspirational. It gave me something to shoot for, and showed how to get there. Thanks so much for sharing pics and details of how everything is done over the years.

Should do a condensed timeline of pics, a eulogy of sorts....

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
  4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    Well, that got sold fast