This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

1600 Gallon Behemoth update

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Tom Barr, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Got back today from adding plants. Tank had some neglect, but it's back up to were the client had it a while back.
    He wanted a flooded forest look and the tank does that quite well. Might be cluttered for some, but others might enjoy that.
    It will look nice in 3-4 months and more as the tank ages.

I took some of the Kessil Amazon sun lights I bought from a member here to test on the tank and then a contractor added a nice 1/2" bar to move the lights(there are 3 of them) around.
    The ripple effects are awesome and the light is much better than I thought.

Client seemed to enjoy the lights and the goosenecks provide infinite adjustments which is something he really enjoys doing.

The light hanger is similar to a Concert or movie style set for stage lighting, but made from 1/2" pipe welded. This would provide 2-3 height positions and could be made to suit any number of options for the LED Kessils. Add an Apex controller functionality, and a nice white powder coating to match the ceiling, now you are talkign a nice much simpler set up, that looks cool and would impress movie/actor folks.
    The tank might be ripped out in 1-2-3 years and then a concrete paludarium would be installed and a glass 1" panel would be added inside a steel frame. The light system would remain though. That'll be fun.
    Meantime, it's A FLOODED FOREST and 8000 Green neons will be added. But.........I think it'll be about 4000 stable population.

We will see in the coming months.

If the client does decide to go the LED's, they will use 27 Kessils or about 864 watts on a 4 ft deep 1600 gallon tank.
    Not bad.

There's about 5000W on it now. This would make the tank look really good.

2. PK1

PK1 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Wow... Any pictures?

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Not really.

I was working, not taking pics:)