This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

12b_1of9 Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Allwissend, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    1:19 PM
    Based on the recent activity on the forum you would think I was only able to grow algae...As I mentioned in the algae journal thread ( https://barrreport.com/threads/algae-journal.14894/ ) I recently treated a small aquarium for cladophora and hair algae with the 1-2 punch. I am now re-purposing this aquarium for short high intensity aquascapes. It has been a long time since I kept an online journal so let the fun begin.

Specifications:
    Aquarium 30*20*20cm - 12L
    Substrate old ADA AS
    Light: Desk lamp 10W 800lumen 30cm from substrate
    Filter Aqua El Pat-mini 400L/h
    CO2: pressurized CO2
    Plants: Fissidens fontanus,
    Flame moss,
    Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba',
    Hydrocotyle cf. tripartita,
    Hygrophila pinnatifida,
    Mini Christmas moss
    Pogostemon helferi
    Rotala macrandra
    Rotala rotundifolia colorata
    Staurogyne repens
    Hemianthus micranthemoides
    Various buces

Being the artistic type, here is the excel plan. The white space is where the wood should fit.
    planting_plan_12b_201712.png

Here is the aquarium immediately after planting. S. repens will be added later. The water is still cloudy.
    20171230_12b (1 of 1).jpg

Mike k likes this.
  2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    1:19 PM
    With the current hardware and hardscape I struggle to deliver enough flow and light in the front part so the carpeting plants developed only marginally.

The tank needed another full dose of H2O2 and spot dosing to remove cladophora. Still, it seems to spring up from wood much like fissidens does, spores or pieces in the wood texture maybe.

It currently houses RCS Mischlings with berries females.

The update is that I will remove CO2 from this tank in all likelihood because I am redistributing my CO2 systems. We will see what is the result of this change shortly.