120 Gallon rescaped again

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I did not like the last reiteration of the 120 so I broke it down, soaked new wood and went another direction. I unfortunately mauled a perfect piece of wood I had planned and then had to use another piece instead. That's okay though, because I had to make a fair no# of changes to the scape anyways. It's a bit like the 180 ATM. 180 is more open than this tank, but I may end up going more a dutch route with that tank and moving this tank into a more low growing species type of tank.

Reactions: 3 people

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Plants also sat in a tray for a coupe of weeks, so I'm surprised there's much left.

nicpapa

Guru Class Expert
Mar 2, 2012
greece
Can you post a front pic?

i think you lose the depth...

Maybe some wood maybe need change.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I could focus on the Tree and add roots for an overall nature style theme. But.......I likely will not go that route, already have that.

The tree will be replaced. Something about that scale, but different movement.

heel4you

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2015
USA
I LOVE the tree! The movement of the branches is stunningly beautiful. Maybe if it did not break the top of the water?

Aquarist

Junior Poster
Apr 3, 2015
Looks great! I've always loved your aquascapes. What kind of light is that? I am going to be putting together my 180 in the next year or so and am mulling over light options, I am leaning towards LED so I can keep my hood.

Fishwife

Junior Poster
Jul 25, 2015
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if there's an update?

I'm starting over and trying to decide whether to stick with the 100-gallon acrylic I've got or just do something completely new. Leaning toward the latter. Anyway, I'm looking at different designs of tanks and aquascaping to see what's possible. I love the depth of this tank - am assuming it's a standard 4x2x2?